We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Fried Rice is my favorite dinner of all time
This Tofu Fried Rice has been one of my go to recipes since before I went vegan. It has been improved upon a lot since I was cooking it in college. I have added and tweaked it, but the best thing about this recipe is that you need every ingredient if you happen to be missing something.
What you will need
First off you are going to need a large pan. If you make a lot of one pan type of stuff I would highly recommend buying a wok because it makes it so much easier to add quite a bit food to the pan and still be able to stir it.
How to make this tasty Fried Rice
As always start by draining your tofu between paper towels (or you can use a a reusable/washable towel/ cheesecloth for a more environmentally friendly option). You will also want to cook your rice at this time.
While the tofu is draining and the rice is cooking, julienne one carrot and dice one bell pepper.
After your tofu is done draining, dice it into cubes. You can make these bigger or smaller depending on how you like your tofu.
Below is the size I went for.
Next heat up a small amount of oil in your wok, and sauté until it is browned and crisp. When the tofu is pretty much ready, add the chopped garlic.
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl and stir together.
Now you will want to add in carrots, bell pepper, peas, and corn. Keep sautéing for a few minutes until the veggies are cooked. Next add in the cooked rice and turn up the heat.
Add in the sauce and stir. Then let the mixture fry up on high stirring occasionally.
Toss the green onion in and stir to mix in. You can add in the chopped up peanuts now if you are using them.
Garnishes impress people…
Next you can dish up the fried rice and top with more green onion and chopped peanuts.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper (color of your choice)
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- oil (for frying)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 - 1 cup corn
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (Optional)
- Optional garnish: extra peanuts and green onions
- 1. Drain your tofu. Cut into cubes.
- 2. Julienne a carrot
- 3. Dice a bell pepper.
- 4. Cook 1 cup of rice.
- 5. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of preferred oil in a large skillet. Add the tofu. Stir occasionally until tofu becomes crispy. Usually 10-15 minutes.
- 6. Add in chopped garlic.
- 7. When the garlic becomes fragrant add the chopped peanuts, bell pepper,carrots, peas, and corn.
- 8. While that cooks, in a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, onion powder, and garlic powder *.
- 9. After a few minutes add in the cook rice and gently stir together everything in the skillet.
- 10. Pour the sauce over the skillet and mix until combined.
- 11. Turn the heat up let it fry.
- 12. Scoop serving onto a plate/bowl and top with sesame seeds and more chopped peanuts (both optional).
- * If you like it more saucy then feel free to double the sauce ingredients.
Note: My posts contain affiliate links. I may receive a percentage of any purchase made through one of my link at no extra cost to you. Thank you for the support. 🙂